Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Who's Wayne?

I'm worried about my kids. I really am.
Aubrey and Tanner are running around the house in a circle singing "Wayne Wayne smell my thing". Tyler is running 5 steps behind them singing Wayne, Wayne, Wayne, Wayne.
I just asked who's Wayne and what's your thing? Tanner said, "I dunno, we just made it up". Where does this kind of stuff come from? Seriously, where?
Every other kid in America is singing Ring Around the Rosies, and I've got Wayne, Wayne, Smell my thing at decibels that are making my head spin.

30 minutes to bedtime.


Going to our friends for Thanksgiving. I lucked out this year! All I'm responsible for is mashed potatoes and a pumpkin pie! Woohoo.

When I think of Thanksgiving I can't help but think of a particular Thanksgiving at my mom and dads house, oh, I don't know probably 7 years ago- They always invited people who needed a place to go. The lady insisted she bring the stuffing as she made the most delicious (she said).
The man and lady arrive with a massive batch of stuffing. It filled a roaster pan, the kind you cook a turkey in. She was thrilled and couldn't wait for us to try her secret recipe.
We helped our selves to all the fixings including K's stuffing. I think it was my dad who took the first bite, he was absolutely horrified. My brother scraped his stuffing off onto his wife's plate. Chris and I caught on that there was something wrong with the stuffing... We were all giggling trying to get it off our plates and on to someone Else's. It became the most hilarious game. All the while our guests had not a clue. Mom got up from the table and I followed. She scooped about 3/4 of the stuffing from the roaster to the trash and covered it up with paper towels. She looked as if she was gonna hurl.
She looked at me and said, "The stuffing has tuna in it".

Enough said, The stuffing had tuna in it.


I am thankful for my family, every single one of you.
I am thankful for my house.
I am thankful for my car.
I am thankful for my Church.
I am thankful for friends.
I am thankful for Virginia.
I am thankful for my life.
I am thankful that I have kids with the feet and bodies and brains that can run around and sing even if the song is Wayne Wayne Smell my thing.
and, I am thankful that K is not bring the stuffing to my Thanksgiving this year.


Dad, keep it beating regularly this year.

LOVE and THANKS,
TK

No comments: